Monday 17 October 2011

365/12 - Day 28 - Not all treasure is Silver and Gold

I've just reached my thirty-first birthday and like it or not it was a quite reflective time. I had a very enjoyable evening out but was sad that (for various reasons) there were absent friends. Its funny how life goes and looking back on these photos I didn't think I'd be where I am today. I had no idea how this would all turn out and no idea what I would be up to.
Photography is a wonderful thing, not only is it challenging, inspiring, enjoyable and therapeutic for the photog but hopefully also for the everyone who views the finished product. Despite the personal challenges of the last few years, there are still many people who are less fortunate than me.

As Captain Jack Sparrow said "Not all treasure is silver and gold mate!". The greatest of life's treasures is Love. It affects us all. Either because we have it, because we don't have it, or because we have it but lose it. That's what this picture means to me the pirate risking his life for the treasure - A metaphor for anyone who risks something for a true love. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't.

So what does this all mean? that I have become too concerned with the past? over melodramatic?
No.

Actually, I have become re-focused and energised for the future. There are only a few photos left in this project... Time to plan the new one!


David

No comments:

Post a Comment