Sunday 3 April 2011

365/12 - Day 12 - I have to say I love you in a song

"When I first met you I forgot to breath, 
I recognised your eyes, 
you're the girl from my dreams"

- Girl from my dreams by David O'Sullivan

I was singing one of my songs when I had an inspiration for that days photo. A shot of me playing the song.

The set-up for this was relatively straight forward, 17-40mm  f/4 lens with the end hanging just over Maude's bass keys (Maude is my piano). The majority of the shot is covered by the fill light a direct flash on a stand camera right with a red filter set to about 1/4 power (from memory). The key light is another 580exII with a small 2 inch snoot pointing directly down the sheet music to my hands.

Once I was happy with the light I changed into my dress shirt and cuff links (I was still wearing my shorts) and just took a few shots on the timer playing the song and moving my hands around a lot. I think I took about twenty shots to get the lighting and then took about ten different "hand position" shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment