Tuesday 8 March 2011

365/12 - Day 4

Day Four used another "Voice Activated Carbon-Based Shutter Release" aka Sarah Hicks. This is the gate outside Craig and Sarah's (now old) house. The lighting on this was pretty straightforward. One snooted strobe illuminating the bush in the background as it was just out of reach of the key light. The key is a strobe just on the left of the gate (I think it might even have been gorrilla-pod'ed to the gate). The focal plane needed to be about a foot here directly above the gate, to ensure I was all in focus. Although I jumped about one hundred times, I think this is jump number two - Note to self: learn when to quit.

Already I could see that each photo was taking longer than the last. That's both longer to setup the scene and then longer to get the final shot. This seemed counter intuitive but was simply that the better I got the more I would realise I was doing thing the wrong way or the more details I would notice in the photo that needed correcting.

There does appear to be a "night time" theme to my photos, this is not intentional but when you work all day in London (as I was at the time) its usually at least 10pm when you start shooting. On the plus side you don't have to try to overpower the sun.

This photo was de-saturated in Lightroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment