Thursday 10 March 2011

Trying not to fry my Fish!

I've recently been setting up my fish tank with a few more fish and giving them something to do. I thought I'd grab a quick shot and came up with this.  This was taken from about 7ft away with the Canon 70-200 F/2.8 IS II at f/6.3. The trick on this was the lighting as you can see from the setup shot one flash is in the AwesomeBox(TM) and the other has a sto-fen diffuser.
The second flash is balanced precariously on the AwesomeBox(TM) this is pretty dangerous for my wallet and the fish! The capacitor in one of those flash units holds a good couple of hundred volts.  The light HAD to come from the top of the tank to avoid glare on the glass, one of the common problems when lighting a tank (I mean normally, for fish and plants etc) is that the light at the top of the water is a lot brighter than when it gets to the bottom. (Just think of the ocean, the sunlight doesn't go all the way to the sea bed). I ran out of time with this and hope to get a better shot with more of the fish in soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment